Saturday, January 7, 2017

So Excited! (August 1st, 2016)

I don't know why, but Spanish is still my favorite language! Sister Yucra Laura ( or Sister Laura or Sister Yucra, what ever you prefer) Is trying to teach me Spanish. She has been speaking English for so long now she has trouble remembering proper grammar and some of the vocabulary. But she has taught me to say Hola! Nosotros somos misioneras de la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias(Hello. We are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.) Next step, how to pray in Spanish! I will be fluent before she goes!

By the way, Sister Yucra Laura is the best! She is just what I needed at this time in my life! And we are a lot alike too! Watch out world!
Anyway, this week has been interesting. Just so you know, the adversary is real. I told you all last week about the miracle that we got to finally meet with last week, Abbey. For some reason, our phone doesn't like hers and we can only reach her at odd times in the evening. Many random, seemingly innocent things have been continually arising, every time we try to meet her. She is so ready and so prepared but SOMEONE keeps getting in the way. Rude!
Something I have been learning is that when one tries to do good or make positive changes, challenges arise. Always. So if all the sudden, something is really hard to do, look at it again. It is probably something that will help you or improve your life or bring you closer to your savior and heavenly father and those obstacles are Satan trying to put you off.

But as the Youth theme for this year says, "... ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the words of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: ye shall have eternal life." (2 Nephi 31:20)
How do we press forward and do all of that you might ask? With the knowledge that, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13) And we show that we will lean on our savior when we do the things that he asks us. Keep his commandments. Do the little things, like studying our scriptures, attending our church meetings, and having sincere personal prayers often. That is the way it worked in the past, that is the way that it will work now and in the future.
I know very well, that I am weak and imperfect, but I know that God is aware of that and he does not expect a perfectly strong person.
So press forward, have a perfect brightness of hope, and do your best while relying on the Savior and the Atonement, and all will be well!
Easier said than done. It is hard, but the best things in life are not free!
I love you all and hope that you can have the happiest, brightest week ever!
Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie!

No comments:

Post a Comment