Sunday, July 31, 2016

Forever in Huntingdon! (July 26th, 2016)

So tomorrow is transfers and guess what will happen? If you couldn't
guess from  subject line, I will let you in. I am staying in
Huntingdon! For a third transfer and probably for another one after
that. Because sister Chiping will be leaving to Romford :( and my new
companion apparently, I will kill (mission lingo for sending them
home) her. Her name in Sister YucraLaura she was born in Peru and grew
up in Spain. Yes! I am so excited! Hopefully I will learn Spanish!

Three weeks ago I hit my year mark on my mission and this last week I
hit my year mark in the field. I have been thinking a lot about a lot
of things lately. Especially with the recent achievement of being on a
mission for a year, I have been thinking forward. Don't worry I am not
trunky, but I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in
these next 6 months. When I think about what I have done so far this
last year, 6 months is not very long and I have a lot that I want to
do before I have to take off the badge. We were also at a ward
activity and I was talking to a member who actually served her mission
in Mesa Arizona, and I asked her what it was like to come back from a
mission. Awful. That was pretty much it. She said that while you are
on the mission, yes it is hard at times, but when you come home it
isn't the same kind of hard. Off the mission you don't have the same
kind of spiritual strength as you do while you devote all time and
attention to serving the Lord.

Now you might think that what she said would scare me but it actually
just made me really think about what I want to do with this last six
months. I really don't want to waste it. It got me pumped to have
renewed energy, to work so hard, and I really just want to forget
myself and go to work. I want to do more than I have ever done! So I
am excited!!

This week has been great preparation for this. We finally got to meet
with this referral that we received about a month ago online. Her name
is Abbey and she is so prepared. I am so excited to be able to see her
story unfold!

I am thankful for this gospel. It makes life better. Life isn't
perfect but it could always be a lot worse! I know I am blessed as I
continue to do the things that Heavenly Father asked me to do!

Love you all and have a great week!

Sister Lisa Haynie!

Me in a barley field on one of the church farms out here. It is sunny again! Yes!

FFB270E9-EDB3-49D1-B477-6C11AAF93795
E7C35813-7E29-4A78-85C8-8F1DD5562194


Sister Chiping and I found this on some random garage door. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment