Saturday, January 7, 2017

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ+πŸ‡§πŸ‡·+πŸ™πŸ»⛪️= So Much Fun in πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ (October 24th, 2016)

Tudo ben! That is Portuguese for how are you!

This week has been so much fun! Sister Vizaco is the best and we are
so similar it is crazy 😜! Like even down to birthdays and favourite
colour! She is such a great missionary! She is really great at talking
to people in the street and really getting me out of my comfort zone.
I thought that I had gotten pretty good at talking to people in the
street, but man I have a lot to learn from her!

And Stevenage! It is good here! I already love it! The people actually
talk to you and if they don't they at least smile (accept for this
morning, but we can give them a break, it was a cold Monday morning.)

So Sunday was so much fun! I got to meet the Stevenage ward and then
after Sister Vizaco and I, along with the other sister here in
Stevenage (Sister Spear who is a not-so-greenie greenie and Sister
Swann who came out with me and we were in the MTC together) we did a
missionary workshop for the 16-18 year old girls and boys in the stake
and at first we thought they could care less that we were teaching,
because they were really quiet and didn't participate much (but what
can you say, they are teens) but at the end of one of our classes, one
of the boys came back and asked us if we could show him where we found
one of the quotes that we shared in the workshop! Such a miracle! And
later that evening, he got up in front of a big group and did a role
play as a missionary and he did so well! It was so cool 😎!

Now this may seem really small and insignificant to some, but for me,
as a missionary, these little moments are what we work and die for! We
may not ever be able to bring someone to that wonderful choice of
baptism, but hey! At least we change somebody's day! To know that I
make a difference is so rewarding! Not gonna lie! Being a missionary
is hard and can be down right depressing, but then with a little
miracle like the one we had on Sunday makes it all go away! Honestly!
You for get all the unpleasant, like hurting feet and people saying
"no" to you and you are on the top of the world!

I am soooooo grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary! The
strength it has brought me! The humility it is teaching me! The
opportunity it has given me to lean on my Savior, to give it all to
him! And most of all, the PEACE! There is nothing like the peace that
comes from following the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Oh! And the Book of
Mormon! The love I have for the Book of Mormon is almost
indescribable! I just have to pick it up, open it, and start reading
and I feel peace and love.

I love my Heavenly Father! I know he is so aware of us! So aware that
he can see beyond our trails and the struggles we have and know that
we will become greater from them! I am eternally grateful to my Savior
Jesus Christ who gives me the strength when I feel I no longer have it
with in myself.

I really do love you all and am so thankful for the support you give
me even if it is just a small prayer. It is felt!

I hope you have a splendid week!

Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie!

No comments:

Post a Comment