Saturday, January 7, 2017

¡Buenos Dias A Todos Mis Amigos Y Mi Familia! (August 15th, 2016)

Hello one and all!

This last week has been interesting. About a week and a half ago, the
Huntingdon ward has been doing a 40 day fast, where one person/family
fasts for one day. And then the next day someone else fasts, so that
all together fasting is happening for 40 days consecutively. And the
ward has been fasting to have missionary opportunities and experiences
of their own. And it is really cool! Last week, one member, Jason,
fasted on Wednesday. Then we got a text from him on Friday saying that
as he gave a colleague a lift home, they started talking about
religion, and Jason invited him to church. He said that he might come.
Then that Saturday, Jason told us that he would come to church, and he
came! His name is Bill and he is so willing to follow what ever God
asks him to do!

Miracle!

Also this week I have had moments to question why God was not around
me as much as I thought he should be. But as I have visited with some
of the friends we teach, and they have shared their experiences with
us, especially their trials, I have seen how the Gospel is true! Over
and over God has shown me that the things that we teach people about
Christ and his Gospel are true! These friends who were once strangers,
who at one point some of them never believed in God, are able to draw
so much strength from praying, reading the Book of Mormon, and
partaking of the sacrament.


It really humbles me to know that I am blessed to take part in Gods
work. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve his children and
have them teach me. I love the Book of Mormon! The stories contained
inside are not just stories but ring with truth! I love the
Restoration of Christ's Gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith. He
was not a perfect man but he was a worthy servant of God! And I am
thankful for the love that God has for me which means that he has made
it possible for me to make things right even when I am the one who may
have messed up!

I love you all and I am so blessed to have you all in my life!

Until next week!

Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie!

No comments:

Post a Comment