Saturday, May 7, 2016

Bedford! (April 11th, 2016)

Hello all!
I cannot believe I have reached my half way mark! How the time has flown!
This week we went on exchanges in Watford with the Watford Sister Training leaders! It was really good! I learned a lot! Sister Mussman is really amazing. She just listens and then gives the best advice ever!
And guys, the atonement is so real! You may not have known, but I am really rubbish at stopping people in the street and inviting them to learn about the gospel. But as the Preach My Gospel book says, "Nothing happens in missionary work until we find people to teach." I have felt like a terrible missionary for so long because I have never felt like I could "find".  But while talking with Sister Mussman, we decided on making some goals and some plans to overcome this obstacle.
And this time I was going to actually take what I learned from exchanges and do something with it instead of just forgetting about it a week later. oh yeah, and included God in this goal. Probably the biggest step in this was to just do it. Yep! Nike has it right. Just do it. And keep doing it. Don't ask me how this works but it does!
Yesterday, we had about 2 hours to fill and we really needed people to teach. So we just went out and talked to people. And we were successful! After a week of halfway attempting to find, we really put our whole selves in it and God sent people our way! When you do what God asks you to do, he will bless you. But you must continually be doing his will.
I hope you have all had a wonderful week and I hope that you rely on God and the Atonement with whatever you may be trying to overcome. Big or small, if it is important to you, it is important to God!
And Oh man General Conference was sooo good! Elder Duncan's talk about forgiveness in the Saturday Morning Session. So good! If you were not able to listen, go back do it or read them. 
I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's chosen servant on the earth! I know that this is Christ's church on the earth today! And I know that God is ready and waiting to help us overcome anything and everything!
Love you all!
Love, 
Sister Lisa Haynie!

image1.JPG

 We Live right next to a river and there are always so many swans! And I never knew how big they were! They are scary too. But beautiful :)

image2.JPG

This is the andoh family. They are from Ghana. They are super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment