Saturday, May 7, 2016

Talking About the Best Thing Ever (April 25th, 2016)

This week has been really good for me. Monday we had interviews with the mission president and his wife. It is always good to talk to the people in charge of my life. I know that President Stevens is someone called of God to lead and guide this mission, to do the Lords work. 

Man I have learned so much! I have learned a lot about myself as well as other people. Lately I have found that if I ever have anything to complain about another person, if I only take a second to look at my self, I find that I do the same thing! So I am learning to not complain and look in the mirror when ever I might have something negative to say. Humility is a wonderful thing and the savior was the perfect example of it.

This week we have been teaching a guy from Kenya, but grew up in Bedford. He has been to a lot of other churches and said that he really likes our church and has noticed a big difference. In many many other churches, he said that you can go to a service and leave without speaking a single word to anyone else. But at our church, people talk and there are classes to discuss and answer questions, and people want to know how you are doing. He said that is something he really likes that is not found many other places.

 I wasn't always a fan of going to church, but more and more, a am loving it! And I am seeing that it something given to us from God to help us. That is why God asks us to keep the sabbath day holy, not because he wants us to be bored on Sunday's but because he wants to allow us to have that spiritual upliftment to last us throughout the whole week! I am finding that is how it is with all of gods commandments, and as soon as we learn to trust him, we can see the blessings!

I am so thankful for this time to serve heavenly fathers children! A chance to help others and not think about myself!

Love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love, 
Sister Lisa Haynie!

image1.JPG


Sent from my iPad

On 18 Apr 2016, at 17:45, Lisa Haynie <lisa.haynie@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hello everyone from the land of miracles and change!

This week has been so interesting! The whole start of the week was
really rough! We pretty much had nobody to teach. So we did a lot of
finding and stopping by less active members. By Friday, I was about
ready to give up. We were doing our weekly planning and I wanted to
just throw my hands in the air and go back to bed. We had pretty much
no one to teach and even those we had were not progress or showing a
desire to do anything, so we had to think about not meeting with them
any more.

Even with our efforts in finding people to teach, we were not seeing
any results. No body would call us back or answer our calls. I felt
like there was nothing to be done. But the next morning, we got up and
went out and worked and did the best we could. We came back to our
flat for lunch and I had fallen asleep and woke up to the phone
ringing. I answered it and it was a girl we met the week before! We
had set up a time to see her and when we got there, she wasn't there.
We were really disappointed, but we never got a number so we couldn't
call her. So we just left a note on her door with our number and just
prayed we would call us back. And she did!

And it didn't end there! We had loads more miracles! Everything
started to pick up. The Lord has been blessing us for the work we have
been doing. A scripture that perfectly illustrates this principle is

Ether 12:6
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I
would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and
not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no
witness until after the trial of your faith.

Once we show our faith in God and we work as hard as we can, he will
then shower us with blessing!

I am so thankful for trials. I do not ask for them, but I am so
thankful for the person they make me! I know it sounds strange, but I
know that our Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and knows not only
what will help us the most, but exactly what we can handle and he
won't send us anything else!

I love my Heavenly Father and I am so thankful for the honor of being
able to serve him and his children at this time.

I love you all and hope that when trials hit, please turn to our
Savior and Heavenly Father who are just waiting for us to reach out
for him!

Happy Days!

Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie

Hopefully you can see this. This is us getting pumped to find people!
<Video.MOV>
<image1.JPG>

Reminder of the Zone I was born (started my mission) in! In England you can find the same street name in every town!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment