Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Bedford! (April 4th, 2016)

Hello everyone!

Wow! This week has been crazy! It is strange to think that less than a week ago, I was down in Kent, and now I live up in Bedfordshire! It is interesting life can change so quickly and drastically out here serving a mission for God. But change is good!

We are on bikes and we ride that almost everyday, unlike in Gillingham where we would ride them  when we felt like it, or needed to be far places quickly.

But it is so beautiful out here! And it is a huge area! The other day we took a bus to another part of the area and it took us about an hour! And for the area being so huge, the transportation is pretty bad. I used to think that Gillingham had bad transportation but out here it is even harder and more expensive to get places. But in the famous (or maybe infamous) words of Calvin's dad, "it builds character!"
That conference though! GeneralConference was so good. I think my favourite one was Elder Duncan's talk about forgiveness! It is so true that we only continue to hurt ourselves when we do not forgive.

Oh! And my new companion! She is so good! Her name is sister Shamukiga. She is from Rwanda and she is the first missionary ever from her country! She was baptised three years ago with her parents and she has one of the sweetest spirits I have ever had the blessing of meeting!

I am excited to see what the next few weeks will bring. I am a bit nervous, having been in my last area so long, and the newness of everything is a bit of a shock, but "it will all be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, it's not the end"

Love you all and have an amazing week!

Love

Sister Lisa Haynie!

image1.JPG
The new district! 
(Elder Warburton Texas, sister Chippings mylasia, sister guimoreas Brazil, elder coon Utah, elder macavoy Birmingham, elder Dalley Utah, me, sister shamukiga Rwanda)

image2.JPG

This basket is the most beautiful thing. The bikes we had in Gillingham didn't have them and they make it so much easier to ride. You can even take your groceries in them although I do not recommend traveling with eggs :/

No comments:

Post a Comment