Monday, May 23, 2016

Hills, and Boldness, and Copies of the Book of Mormon, Oh My! (May 23, 2016)

Anyways, wow! This week has been crazy and fun! Once again, I love being in a trio! And I love Huntingdon! This place is so good, but it extremely hilly. And we ride bikes. Super killer. By the end of this transfer, I better have the best thighs ever seen, that is if I can stay away from the chocolate. #EnglandsChocolateIsTheBest!

This week we have been making a lot of new friends! Stopping by less actives and members. I am slowly making lifelong friends in yet another area. Man it is crazy the amount of love you can feel for a stranger you have only spent an hour with, but it happens to me all the time.

This transfer I am trying to be more bold, but backing it up with love. I hate the words, "it's alright" or "its okay." It isn't alright or okay! It's not okay that someone didn't read their scripture because they were busy. It isn't okay that someone skipped out on church because they didn't get to sleep early enough the night before. Even now I feel like this sounds really harsh, but this is serious. Even if these things are true, the blessings are being missed! God cannot bless us if we are too tired or too busy to do what he asks. That's the truth. 

But enough doom and gloom. The atonement is so real! It really works miracles. I have seen the mention of it bring grown people to tears. It is so real!

I know that this is the true church and that we all desperately need to strengthen our relationship with our Savior. One way we can do that is through daily reading of the Book of Mormon. In our last meeting all of us missionaries were challenged to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. I know what you are thinking, "duh, of course we know it is true. We testify to that to loads of strangers everyday." But they were serious. All of needed to reaffirm  that testimony. And that goes for everyone in the world.

I challenge all of you to read the Book of Mormon and ask to know if it is truly the word of God. And then do something about it when you receive that answer! I will be doing it with you. I can promise that it will bring peace in this crazy life.

I love you! I hope you all have the best week ever!

Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie!

No comments:

Post a Comment