Sunday, July 31, 2016

Miracles Without End! (July 12th, 2016)

So this week was tough. Period. Now I know that numbers are NOT
important but our numbers were probably worst in the mission. But it
was a good check for myself as to wether or not I felt like God was
happy with the work I did, or if numbers were all that mattered. And I
passed. I think. Even though our numbers were low ( not that I didn't
care,) but I didn't care. My poor companion was getting so frustrated
and I am sure she felt bad, because we did go out and work hard even
though the " numbers " didn't show it.

I learned not only that it is more important how you feel you are in
standing with God, but also that we cannot control everything. We had
a really good training with the Europe area president a few weeks
back, Elder Kearon, and one thing he really focused on was to work
hard but stop worrying about everything. Some things are just out of
our control. So worry about yourself and what you CAN do.

And for a bit, I thought that the miracles might just have run out in
this area with us. That all the juice would be gone because all the
miracles and blessings we saw with George and Jade. But last night I
learned a couple other lessons. One is that blessings to come at the
very end, which means that we have to endure until then to see the
fruit of our labours. And also that there is no such thing as miracle
juice. Miracles come to anyone who is willing to look and to wait and
to work for them. So never stop looking! There are miracles without
end. And just because they seem to be in short supply at this time in
our lives, don't forget the ones that have happened before. They are
still as real now as they were then.

Last night we had only 40 minutes to talk to people because the rest
of the day was pretty much full of meetings and traveling and going to
a ward activity. I really just wanted to go home and go to sleep, but
sister Chiping  really wanted to find a new friend to teach, so of
course I wasn't going to deny her that, so we walked around at 8:20
and tied to talk to people. No go. So we start to head home and we
walk down high street and there are a few people are there as well,
(which is weird because all the shops here close at 5 on high street)
but we saw this guy and we stopped him and at first it sounded like he
was from Australia, but spoke Portuguese. And when we offered to get
him a Book of Mormon in Portuguese he said that Indonesian would be
better, and then sister Chipings eyes got really big and then a whole
bunch of noise came out of her mouth that I understood nada of. But
the guy she was talking to seemed to understand what she said, and
then he started making a bunch of noise that made no sense to me.
Turns out that this guy (who actually has a name and it is Osorio) is
from Indonesia and and the language he speaks can understand sister
Chipings language! And he was super interested! He said that he was
looking for someone to teach him about Christianity and was so happy
that we were there! Such a miracle!

Oh yes! And we had interviews! I love President and Sister Stevens are
amazing people and I am so thankful for their support. When I talk to
them, I can just feel their love for me!

I love you all! I know that God is real and he is watching out for us,
we just have to watch out for him to seem him work the miracles.

Until next week!

Sister Lisa Haynie!


This is a training we had during zone training meeting from our zone leaders. Funny considering our calling.

0DF219A3-3056-4913-9019-511A84F40BF8
250236A6-0D1B-40E8-BA38-1EDDA3BF75B2


My dear Huntingdon area! ( this was right before we met Osorio!)

No comments:

Post a Comment