Sunday, July 31, 2016

๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธHappy Independence Day๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐ŸŽ‰ (July 4th, 2016)

Happy Fourth of July! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐ŸŽ‰

Or as they would say here in England, happy treason day!

It is such a bummer. In Huntingdon, we even have an American Air Force
base but instead of doing all the celebrations today, a Monday, my
preparation day, a day when I could actually do things other than
missionary work, the actual day of the holiday, ... They did all the
celebrations on Friday and Saturday. Whatever. I'm not bitter about it
or anything though.

This last Friday was special though. My friend Jade was able to get
baptised! She is so amazing! She has had a tough life, and her life
will probably continue to be tough, but she now has the tools she
needs to go through it with strength and still have happiness despite
the trials. She is such an example to me!

The spirit that was felt was so great! Especially for Jade! One of the
talks given at her baptism said that she should write down what she
felt so she can look back on it when times get tough and she will be
able to remember. Remember what she felt, saw, heard. Because when she
goes back and reads it again, the spirit will be able to testify to
her, yes what she did was right. I think that is the reason we read
our scriptures, say our prayers and attend our church meetings. These
are times when we put ourselves in a place where the spirit can talk
to us, and we will hear it.

Life gets tough. We all know this. We can get so caught up that we
forget those moments where we knew, we knew with no doubt, that God
was there and that he is real and that he is so good to us.

DON'T FORGET! Remember!

Isn't that why we have holidays like the Fourth of July? So we
remember all those who fought for our freedom. Who gave their lives so
we could live better ones. If we didn't remember, we would take our
rights and freedoms for granted. We would forget what it was like not
to have them.

We need to continually celebrate our God and what he has done for us.

I am so thankful for those who have gone before me and sacrificed so
that I could know the truths of the Gospel! For the pioneers of the
church, my own family, and my Savior who paid the greatest price so
that I could have happiness in this life and in the next! And those in
the Book of Mormon who sacrificed to make sure that they wrote it all
down so we could REMEMBER. So we could learn from their lives, their
triumphs and falls. I am so thankful for a God who has a plan for us
and never leaves us even when we think he is gone. Just look for him
and you will be able to find him.

I love you all and hope that you have a blessed week!

Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie!

Livin the Dream!

Me, Sister Chiping (Malaysia), Jade! (England), Elder Wen (Hong Kong), Elder Warburton (Texas)

FB8A1606-2332-4D41-B0D6-8B5AEAF60586
4E64F7A6-B1D7-4567-B79D-6E1EEB449195

Just thought this was interesting. This is in front of the Mission Office in London, and in England I have seen every colour bus, including the famous double decker red buses of London, except the yellow school. But ta-da! Almost felt like I was back in America!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment