Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Happy Birthday! (February 8th, 2016)

Thank you everyone for the happy wishes! My birthday was one of a kind! We went to visit some members who reenact in a museum sort of thing of what the time was like in the 1940's, during the war. They dress up and tell you all about what it would be like to live then. Very amazing experience! They do it also for the school children to bring to life what they learn in class.



Really cool! 

Then we went to stop by our bishops house and he and his family threw me a mini birthday party! It was really nice. She made this cake with crime puffs that are to die for and strawberries!

image2.JPG

This whole week has been interesting. There have been some cool things but also some sad things.

I am learning a lot about myself and others. All I can say that I have loads to learn still about everything. I am discovering what is really important and what isn't. From the very beginning I have seen that the Spirit must be involved in every part of the work. I thought I could come out here and explain everything. I thought I could tell everyone why it was logical that the church was true and how God existed, but you cannot.

I was reading in The book of Alma this morning, and Alma totally understands this concept. So the people are starting to get really wicked and bad, even though they know better. So Alma decides to step down from being Chief Judge to work with the people, and it says, 

"19 And this he did that he himself might go forth among his people, or among the people of Nephi, that he might preach the word of God unto them, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty, and that he might pull down, by the word of God, all the pride and craftiness and all the contentions which were among his people, seeing no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure testimony against them."

There is no way to help others, accept to bear pure testimony to them in hopes that they will feel the Spirit testify to them the truth of the things.

I testify that God lives and loves all of us and that His Son was sent because of that love. I know that the things He asks us to do (key word: asks) are only for us. He wants us to be happy. And no matter what we have done or who we were, His hand will always outstretched, but we are the ones that have to take it. Again, He won't force us. Choice is a gift given to us so that we can learn, grow, and reach all our potential.

Anyone can know these things for themselves, they just need to ask with sincere desire to know and real intent to act on what they come to know.

I love you all! Again thank you for all the emails! I love getting them! Keep going in all the good things you are doing!

Love,

Sister Lisa Haynie!


Sent from my iPad


-- 
- Sister Lisa Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment