Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Healing Physically and Spiritually (September 28th, 2016)

Kia ora!

This means 'Hello!" in Samoan.

I am picking up some fun words from my amazing companion! I am so blessed here in the Enfield area! Our ward is incredible diverse, but to sum
it up it is made up of Africans, Portuguese, Latin, and a sprinkle of
English. I love it because I am being exposed to all sorts of cultures. And it goes to show that no matter where we are from we can so easily be united through Christ and his gospel! I would have never thought that I would have so many life-long friends in such a short time from so many different places. A few times, the little Spanish I know has come in handy.

However, this week has been rough. Tuesday, we stayed in because Sister
Fuimaono got sick and then later in the week I got an ugly cold and am
only just getting over it. That seemed to set the tone for our week.
Negative and down. As unfortunate as that is, I have learned so much
from this week! For a while now, I have been feeling a lot of pressure
from myself as well as others to be much better than I am. I knew that
I could do better, but was just really struggling to reach that. I felt weighed down with having to do everything, by myself, perfectly and I thought I was going to break. But we had interviews with our mission president, President Stevens. I was so excited for this because the last time I had one was when I first came to the
mission and our interview was cut short. I was not disappointed this
time around. I could feel the power and spirit of his calling through
his eyes and he said all that I needed to get back up on my feet. What
is funny is that it wasn't even long, but it was a powerful 5 minutes.

I will never forget what he said. He said that you cannot do this on
your own. Plain and simple. But... That is what Christ is there for.
Lean on him and ask for his strength and you will be able to support
you.

Now this is something I had heard all my life. But this time it meant
something totally different. I always had the idea that Christ took on
the burden of our sins and sicknesses, but he really does take on the burden of our struggles even with things that we are trying to do that are good. I was trying so hard to do so much, but I can't do anything
with out Him.

Reading over this, I am realising I cannot put it into words how huge
this is for me. So just remember that if any of you who are reading
this are struggling with ANYTHING continue to do your best, but PLEASE lean on Christ! LET him help you, because we are all going to fall
short without him.

I love you all and invite you to come closer to Christ!

I love this gospel! I know it is true and I have been able to feel the
peace and relief from the Atonement of Jesus Christ! God is great and
Christ lives!

-- 
- Sister Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment