Monday, September 14, 2015

Highs and Lows!

This week has definitely been a week of hills and valleys! At the start of the week we had that mission wide conference and it was incredible and both my companion and I were pumped to implement the things that we learned but as the week went on we went a little off track. But the most wonderful thing about the atonement is that when we fall we can get back up again. I have heard many times that failure is not falling, but not getting up. And even though we may not be as tall as we were before we fell, each step up is progress and eventually we can be higher than ever. Not only higher but stronger and less likely to fall again.

And that is what we did. We evaluated ourselves and had a long conversation about what went wrong and what thing that we are going to change so that it doesn't happen again. We were re-psyched and we were able to visit an investigator on date! We are so excited!

Another thing that I learned this week was that planning is so important! Preach My Gospel, the book we teach from, says, "a failure to plan is a plan to fail!" This is so true. And more importantly, not sticking to your plans and your back-ups will yank you off track. I know this next week will be all highs because this week we planned our week all the way out and we are determined to stick to it!

The last thing I want to share from what I learned this week, is that, when all is said and done, it is not how we compare to others, it is how we stand with God. We may not know where exactly we stand, but we know whether it is in the right or not, and if we are doing our best then we can have that confidence with God.

I love this! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is the only true church on this earth and it is the only way to achieve true happiness!

I love you all and I love to hear from you!

Thank you for your prayers and love!

-- 
- Sister Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment