Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A New Feel! (November 30th, 2015)

image1.JPG
I have only been back in Sittingbourne for five days and so many amazing things are happening.

Let me be really honest right now. The first time I was here, I really struggled. I straight up hated this place. There were a few things that contributed to that. I was in a foreign country and felt like I was alone, the flat we lived in was miserable, I had no idea what I was doing out here on a mission, I was so inexperienced, and
physically, I was beat! New blisters everyday and just dead tired every night from walking everywhere. Not to mention how much I realised I fought God in being obedient and diligent. There was a point when someone asked me what something was that made me happy during the days
and I honestly felt like there was not a single thing.
Eventually by the end of the transfer, it was bearable. I even began to love bits and pieces. But I sill sang praises when we got the call that I was leaving.

Now give me two months, two different companions, a posh life living in London and send me back and something has just changed! I hope it has a bit to do with me growing up and realising there is so much more to it than where I live and how much I have to walk, but I love it here!
It also helps that sister Ranck and Sister Mathews got this area rolling with hard work and unity. But coming back here and knowing the streets, knowing the people (I absolutely love the members here!), and
just having given it some time has transformed the feel of this place.
And it doesn't hurt that this is the Christmas season!

I also am fortunate to have this opportunity to return to a previous area so soon after leaving it, I really do get to see how much I have changed. I am happy to report that I have changed loads! I am not the greenie baby I once was. Instead of fighting my trainer to talk to people, stopping people is my favourite thing! One of the other changes is also the realisation that there is soooooo much I need to work on. And boy do I ever need to change. But now I feel like there is a brightness of hope to be ABLE to change me! For the better!

Stay posted. This area is going to be set on fire with the spirit of God and flooded by the waters of baptism!

God is great! Even when I doubted him, he was busy sending blessings to me right around the corner. I love this gospel!
I love my saviour!
I love my God!

I love you all and I hope you all are well! Let me know in an email! I would love to hear from you all this time of year.

-- 
- Sister Lisa Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment