Monday, June 20, 2016

Livin' the Dream! (June 20th, 2016)

Man oh man has this week been the best! We have been so busy!

Two days ago we got to witness our dear friend, George Bone, get
baptized! It was so amazing! It was even more amazing that his family
were all able to be there to support him in this amazing step he has
taken to come closer to his savior!

Sister Chiping and I were able to sing a little musical number, and as
we sang, I looked at his family, and I could see them together,
dressed all in white some day, going to the temple to sealed together
as a family forever! And that made me so happy. I have been so
honoured to be able to play a small roll in the lives of this family.
They will be dear to me forever!!

When George's mum was introducing us to her the rest of her family,
she introduced as "Sister Haynie and Sister Chiping, my missionaries."

Not only was George able to be baptized at the age of nine, but his
mum was able to come back to the church after being away since being a
teenager. And to have her say that I was one of her missionaries...
There is nothing to describe it! Such an honor to be a part of this
marvellous work!

Sunday... Oh man! You gotta love Sundays. But as a missionary, it is a
bit different than what normal civilians think. The days of going to
church and sitting back taking in the talks and lessons are gone. The
days of not having a care in the world after church, going home to
take a nap, or spend time with family, no more. Sundays can often be
our busiest day. Yesterday we had an investigator come to church, so
we were watching out for her, we taught the Gospel Principles class,
then because the normal teacher couldn't do it, I was asked to teach
the Relief Society lesson earlier in the week, then add all the people
you need to talk to to make sure the coming week goes fairly smoothly.
Whoa! I used to wonder why my trainer said she would get stressed on
Sundays. But I love it! I go to sleep exhausted, knowing I worked hard
and deserve my rest.

Man I love missionary work!! I have never loved it as much as I have
in the last few weeks! I will forever be a missionary!!

Not to mention we have a lot of things to look forward to in the
coming weeks, so stay tuned!

As a very dear Elder would always say ,"Just Livin' the Dream" every
day! And I am!

I love you all and hope that you have the most amazing week ever, and
if you haven't tried missionary work before, I dare ya to try it. Just
call up your local missionaries. I'm sure they would be delighted to
help you out!

Love the happiest missionary,

Sister Lisa Haynie!

WML Broher Clow, yours truly, sister chiping, George the man of the hour, his mum Emma, and his dad David.


No comments:

Post a Comment