Thursday, June 11, 2015

My Mission Call

 As soon as I turned in my papers to my stake president, I waited in agony for my mission call to arrive. I knew my call would be coming soon, because I was able to log in to my missionary email  on Thursday, 3-19-15, which meant my call had been assigned! I was praying that my call would come on the 21st. It was possible! Utah is only a state away from Arizona. But, my best friend/roommate Lisa Rios was calling it, it wasn't going to come until the 28th. Lisa Rios (I know, confusing, same first name as me. I'll just refer to her as Rios from now on) had just received her call a few weeks earlier, and was guessing that my call would come in the same time line as hers, the Saturday a week after being able to log in to the missionary email. And it would come in the evening.

Well, She was right! I got my call on the 28th. That day was very interesting and just awesome all together. Early that afternoon, Rios and I had the Elders and Sister Missionaries from our ward over and they taught a lesson on Zone meetings (a type of meeting that missionaries have) and we also did some role playing. What an epic lesson for the day I received my mission call, getting taught by missionaries and role playing as one.

After that Rios and I ran some errands and still no call from home (I put my parents' address down for where I wanted my call to be mailed to.) I was starting to wonder if Rios was right. Was my call going to come tonight, or would it come Monday. I really hoped she was right. We got back to our house and started talking about nothing when my cell started ringing. (It was about five o'clock) I looked at the caller ID and it was my sister Megan. "Could it be ... " I thought. Maybe. She said that her and Tricia (my other sister) would be at our parents' house. So I picked up the phone, Rios standing right next to me, gripping my arm, having read the expression on my face.

"Hello?"
"IT'S HERE!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"
(I seriously screamed for ever.)

I told Megan thank you, hung up and Rios and I immediately went over to my parents' house. 

It was so incredible. The Spirit was so strong, I could not stop smiling. We stopped by the store on the way over and I am sure the cashier thought I was crazy because I was so happy.

Anyway, I got to my parents' house and nearly all my immediate family was there. My dad was at work, but was on the phone, Scott and his wife Michelle were also on a phone, and everyone else was there in the living room. 

The obvious thing happened next. The cameras were recording, and I opened my call! I was so surprised when I read where I was going. No one had even guessed anywhere in the UK, let alone the capitol of England!

"Sister Haynie:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the England London Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the England Missionary Training Center on Thursday, July 9, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English Language."

England London Mission! 
Woot! Woot!

 My Call!

Lisa Rios and I with our Calls. Lisa²!
The Mission Calls of Lisa²!

It is seriously one of the best feelings ever to know that Heavenly Father not only thought that you were worthy to be called to preach His gospel, but to be assigned to a specific area to teach His children! People of the London area, here I come! I promise to work hard with and for you!

~(Soon to be Sister) Lisa Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment