Thursday, June 11, 2015

Introduction

Hello everyone!

I am (Sister) Lisa Haynie and soon I will be serving my Heavenly Father and savior Jesus Christ in the England London mission! I got my call on March 28, 2015 and have about a month left to go until I am on a plane (for the first time by-the-way) to the London MTC!(also first time going to another country!)

I decided to start this blog when I was scouring the internet for any information I could get on my mission area. I wanted tips and advice on clothes, what to pack, shoes, how to mentally/spiritually/emotionally/physically prepare, etc. Anything that could get me in the best possible shape for the easiest transition into missionary life when I landed in England. After hours of searching, I found this website with a bunch of blogs that are updated weekly from missionaries serving in the England London mission! Jackpot!

(Even if you are not going to England, the original home page is filled with helpful information on all missions.This would have saved me soooo much time in my search for advice. You are welcome!:))

The blogs have really helped me understand so much about serving a mission, specifically in England. Oh! And they have gotten me simply ecstatic to start the work! I am about to burst, I am so ready to be out there! There is just the problem of me not having collected all the things I will need to bring with me. Otherwise, I could be out there right NOW !

All in good time, all in good time...

So here I am , and here you are, and hopefully I can help some of you on your quest: preparing-to-be-the-best-prepared-pre-mission-missionary. I also hope to post every time I learn something new, that I think might be helpful information, on here until the day I leave, and hopefully even after I return :).

P.S. This is my first blog ever, I am still tweaking things here and there, please be patient with me. Thank you!

~(Soon to be Sister)Lisa Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment